· Enquiries and other emails (normally including message content, sender's name, email address, and any personal data included in the message), received via our website or by email, are held for up to a year, and used to answer the queries and follow up.
· Mailing lists: NELIYI holds mailing lists of its members, plus others who have opted to receive information from NELIYI. The information held includes name, email address, and other contact details provided by people joining NELIYI or opting to receive information from us, plus whether the person is an Iyengar yoga teacher or trainee or not.
· Workshop/event booking and attendance lists are held for at least seven years for insurance purposes; these typically hold name and contact details.·
· Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time, may be received via our accounting and banking systems, and saved for at least seven years for accounting and tax obligations.
· Website cookies may be set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
· Except where required by law, we do not share data with third parties, other than with our parent organisation, IY(UK) Ltd., nor do we sell contact lists.
· Personal information held by NELIYI may be accessed by staff or volunteers working for NELIYI, and contractors working on NELIYI’s information and communication systems, and may be shared, on an occasional need-to-know basis, with Iyengar Yoga teachers teaching workshops for NELIYI.
NELIYI uses industry standard technology to ensure the security of data we hold, and endeavours to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of any data provided to us. Data transmission over the internet is inherently unsecure and no transmission can be guaranteed as one hundred percent secure.
For queries about Data Protection, please contact NELIYI's Website Manager or Membership Secretary.